HostsCK has been updated to version 184.108.40.206
This update includes the following:
- Added: Setting to automatically show the edit panel when typing
in the main textbox.
- Added: Settings to show or suppress the “No more matches of”
message when using search to search for text in the Hosts file.
- Fixed: HostsCK displays correctly on high DPI monitors.
- Fixed: A rare “Single Thread Apartment” error when flushing the
- Improved: HostsCK detects user input in the main textbox much
better and will enable the save button and display an asterisk to show
that changes may need to be saved.
- Improved: Several minor improvements to search functions, GetIP,
the built in web browser and the Bugs and Suggestions email client.
- Updated: The HostsCK uninstaller now enables the DNS
Client Service without asking and deletes the registry key
HostsDE creates if it is set to run when Windows starts.
- Updated: The HostsCK Install program has been updated to
conform to Microsoft guidelines. This means that links to the
Uninstall HostsCK shortcut and the HostsCK license are no longer
in the HostsCK Start Menu folder. A link to the uninstaller is now in
the HostsCK program files directory and can still be easily uninstalled
from the Windows control panel.
- Removed: HostsCK can no longer be sent to the system tray
to protect the Hosts file as this is now handled by HostsDE.