Step-by-step guide on how to add the Windows Hosts file to the
Windows Defender ignored files list on Windows 10.
for a step-by-step guide for Windows 8 click here
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on “All apps”.
3. Click on “Windows System”.
4. Click on “Windows Defender to open Defender.
5. When Windows Defender has opened, click on “Settings”.
6. Scroll down and click on “Add an exclusion”.
7. Click on “Exclude a file”.
8. Browse to find the Hosts file then click on it to highlight it.
The file will be in “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc”.
After selecting the Hosts file click “Exclude this file”.
Congratulations, you have added the Windows hosts file to the Windows 10 Defender ignored files list.